I have always admired the creativity of designers. They take a small concept / idea / theme and bring it to life in a beautiful way. Getting married to a designer was the biggest turning point in my life. After hosting Rithika's 5th birthday party at home for 20 guests successfully, i got more confidence to take it into next level with 50 guests.
Rithika had no confusion about the theme for the birthday. Like most of the girl's of her age, she wanted it to be "Frozen" themed party. I started researching ideas about Frozen birthday party several months before. I did several sketches of the blue display in my free time and finally came up with a good idea.
- My husband painted 4 empty wine bottles with blue paint.
- Blue table cover
- Homemade Paper flowers, Pom Poms and tassels for the back side of cake display
- Gum balls from party city, blue and white.
- Blue paper covered Hershey's Kisses - Cookies and cream
- Chocolate dipped pretzel wands.
- chocolate dipped Marshmallows
- Blue paper dessert plates from Target
- Blue Napkins from Ikea
- Blue rock candy from Party city
- Blue Lemonade (Blue Jelly belly syrup with ginger lemonade)
- Blue Cupcake Bouquet
- Blue Frozen themed cake
Here is my Princess Elsa who just turned 6 :)
1 day before the party i covered the cake with buttercream and then fondant. Rithika and her friends were was so excited to see her Frozen cake.
|Frozen themed Cupcake Bouquet|
|Kids with Blue Rock candy|
|Frozen themed Sandwich cookies in Progress|
|Frozen themed Cupcakes by Little Chefs :)|
|Blue Lemonade, Cupcake bouquet and Hershey's Kisses|
|Pickled Cucumbers, Basil Pesto Pasta, Spinach Ravioli in Marinara Sauce, Corn and Cheese Chowder, Coleslaw and Soaked Peanut filling for Sandwich and Mango Salsa|
Lunch Menu for Frozen birthday Party:
Appetizers : Prawn Canapes, Seafood Crostini, guacamole Crostini, Pigs in the blanket
Entree : Corn and Cheese Chowder, Creamy Basil pesto pasta, Spinach Ravioli in Marinara Sauce, Garlic Pull apart Rolls and Coleslaw sandwich