Unquestionable part of Kerala cuisine, Kappa goes well with fish curry, beef roast and green chutney. It is considered as a common man’s diet and is the local toddy shop favorite.
Tapioca/Kappa/Kolli kizhangu : 2Cups, Cubed.
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli : 2, Chopped
Garlic : 2, Sliced
Curry leaves : 2spring
Coconut : 3/4 Cup
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp
1. Remove the hard skin of kappa/Tapioca and cut them into cubes. Wash the cubed pieces thoroughly.
2. Now transfer them to a vessel and add enough water, Garlic salt. Cook till kappa/tapioca is soft when pierced with a fork. Now drain the water and keep kappa/tapioca aside.
3. In a kadhai heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add green chilli and curry leaves. Saute for 2-3minutes and add coconut, turmeric powder and salt.
4. After 2minutes add kappa/tapioca to this and mix well. Close the kadhai with a tight lid and keep it in low flame for 5min.
5. Kappa/tapioca is ready to serve..