Pancakes are fluffy, round cakes prepared from a starch based batter and cooked on a hot surface such as frying pan / griddle or sometimes on a hot oven. These are delicious served with butter and syrup on top with strawberries and whipped cream for a real treat. I had uploaded my Banana Pancakes and strawberry pancakes when i was in Banglore. But this Classic buttermilk pancakes are my family's Favorite.
How to make Classic Buttermilk Pancakes ?
Preparation time : 20min
Makes : 8pancakes
Serving size : 2pancakes
Calories : 174cal
All purpose flour / Maida : 1Cup / 130g
Baking powder : 1tsp
Baking Soda : 1/4tsp
Sugar : 2tbsp
Butter Milk* : 1Cup
Egg : 1, Slightly beaten (Vegetarians can omit the egg and add 1tbsp thick yogurt)
Salt : 1/4tsp
Melted Butter : 3tbsp
*Butter milk Substitute :
1. Add 1tbsp vinegar to 1 cup of milk and stir well. Let it stand for 10minutes. Viola!!! the perfect buttermilk is ready
2. Add 3tbsp Greek yogurt / any thick yogurt to 1cup water. Mix well and use in any recipe.
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
2. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, sugar, melted butter and Egg.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
4. The batter will have some small lumps, but do not try to over mix it. Mix gently with a rubber spatula by scraping the sides of the bowl.
5. Heat a griddle / frying pan on medium flame and add 1sp butter / brush with butter using a pastry brush. Now pour the batter on the hot griddle (almost 1/4Cup) and cook for 2-3mins on each side until light brown in color.
6. Serve hot with corn surup / honey / maple syrup.