Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Thursday, January 28, 2016
I have always admired the creativity of designers. They take a small concept / idea / theme and bring it to life in a beautiful way. Getting married to a designer was the biggest turning point in my life. After hosting Rithika's 5th birthday party at home for 20 guests successfully, i got more confidence to take it into next level with 50 guests.
Rithika had no confusion about the theme for the birthday. Like most of the girl's of her age, she wanted it to be "Frozen" themed party. I started researching ideas about Frozen birthday party several months before. I did several sketches of the blue display in my free time and finally came up with a good idea.
- My husband painted 4 empty wine bottles with blue paint.
- Blue table cover
- Homemade Paper flowers, Pom Poms and tassels for the back side of cake display
- Gum balls from party city, blue and white.
- Blue paper covered Hershey's Kisses - Cookies and cream
- Chocolate dipped pretzel wands.
- chocolate dipped Marshmallows
- Blue paper dessert plates from Target
- Blue Napkins from Ikea
- Blue rock candy from Party city
- Blue Lemonade (Blue Jelly belly syrup with ginger lemonade)
- Blue Cupcake Bouquet
- Blue Frozen themed cake
Here is my Princess Elsa who just turned 6 :)
1 day before the party i covered the cake with buttercream and then fondant. Rithika and her friends were was so excited to see her Frozen cake.
|Frozen themed Cupcake Bouquet|
|Kids with Blue Rock candy|
|Frozen themed Sandwich cookies in Progress|
|Frozen themed Cupcakes by Little Chefs :)|
|Blue Lemonade, Cupcake bouquet and Hershey's Kisses|
|Pickled Cucumbers, Basil Pesto Pasta, Spinach Ravioli in Marinara Sauce, Corn and Cheese Chowder, Coleslaw and Soaked Peanut filling for Sandwich and Mango Salsa|
Lunch Menu for Frozen birthday Party:
Appetizers : Prawn Canapes, Seafood Crostini, guacamole Crostini, Pigs in the blanket
Entree : Corn and Cheese Chowder, Creamy Basil pesto pasta, Spinach Ravioli in Marinara Sauce, Garlic Pull apart Rolls and Coleslaw sandwich
Wednesday, December 30, 2015
Our Christmas Dinner : Baked Lobster tails in Lemon Butter, Mussels in Yellow curry sauce, Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Asparagus and cheese platter
Baked Lobster tails in lemon butter : I washed and towel dried the loster tails. Then made a long slit till the end of the tail and loosened the flesh from shell. Poured the Lemon butter and baked in 475F preheated oven for 30 min.
Lemon Butter : Stir together 3 tbsp melted butter , 2 teaspoons and grated lemon rind until blended. Stir in 1tsp parsley.
Roasted Potatoes : Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut 2 large potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1tbsp garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.Remove the potatoes from the oven, toss with parsley, season to taste, and serve hot.
Sauteed Asparagus : Cut and discard 2 inch bias from bottom of the Asparagus. Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a large skillet and add 1chopped garlic followed by 12 asparagus. Stir fry for 3-4 min or until done. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Saturday, December 19, 2015
A gift basket can be a great idea for any occasion. A little bit of creativity and baking skills will help you to put together a fabulous holiday gift basket for the season. I made this gift basket for my daughters kindergarten teacher.
|Holiday food gift basket for teacher|
- A basket (I got mine from Ross for $5)
- 2 jars (same place - Ross, $4 and $3)
- Ceramic mini loaf pan (i got this cute one from Micheal's for $1)
- Ribbons and tags (I got it from Target Dollar counter, $1 each)
- Large Basket Bag to cover the whole gift basket (I got it from Dollar store, two for $1)
|Holiday food gift basket for teacher|
How to assemble a gift basket?
- Nan Khatai (cardamom cookies) - It is a perfect holiday gift and is a fail proof recipe. Bake, cool and transfer the cookies to the glass jar.
- Peanut butter cranberry tea bread - I baked the tea bread in 4 parchment lined ceramic mini pans for 30 min. After cooling, I shrink wrapped the loaf and put it back in the mini pan. (This is not a sweet bread, it is a breakfast loaf to have with jam / butter)
- Dry fruit and seeds Granola: I used 2 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of nuts and 2 tbsp of seeds to make the granola.
- Transfer the goodies to a gift basket, label them and cover with gift basket bag. A festive ribbon on top completes your gift basket.
- Viola!! we are done.