Delight your family by making these delicious oven baked chicken breast, served with steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are a dieter's best friend and an excellent source of lean protein. One 4-ounce serving of boneless, skinless chicken breast contains 26 gm of protein.
Boneless Skinless chicken breast : 2 (You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs too)
Other Spices or seasonings : 1/2tsp (You can use your choice of spice like cumin powder, all spice powder, coriander - chilly and garam masala powder)
i used dried thyme and oregano for this recipe
Method for Restaurant style Juicy baked chicken recipe :
Put chicken in a colander and pat dry(important step) completely. Combine it with the remaining ingredients and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Take the chicken from refrigerator before baking and allow it to reach room temperature. This helps to get the most tender and delicious chicken.
Baking Method :
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take a Parchment paper (Butter paper) lined vessel and grease it with olive oil).
2. Take out the chicken pieces from the marination and arrange it on the greased vessel, spaced evenly. Take another parchment paper and apply some butter on one side. Cover the Chicken pieces with a parchment paper - butter side down and tuck the edges down. Bake for 35 minutes for the best juicy and tender chicken breast. Meat thermometer should indicate between 160 - 165 degrees.
3. If you don't have parchment paper with you , then use aluminum foil. But covering with aluminum foil will increase the heat and the juices will run out from chicken. So bake for 35-45 minutes and then turn into broil method till the water evaporates.
4. Serve hot with with mashed Potatoes / Flat bread / Gravy.
How to make perfect Egg less Indian Cookie - Nankhattai
Serving Size : 2 cookies
Cooking time : 20min
Makes : 12 servings
Calories : 204 per serving
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 1/2cups
Unsalted Butter at room temperature : 3/4cup ( Traditional nankhattai is made with ghee, but i used butter)
Granulated Sugar : 3/4cup
Cardamom / Elaichi : 3 or you can use 1/4tsp Cardamom powder
Nutmeg powder : 1/4tsp (optional)
Baking soda : 1/4tsp (you can substitute with baking powder too)
Semolina / Rava / Sooji : 1/4cup
best nan khatai ever
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / 350F. Sift together flour and baking soda and keep aside.
2. Transfer cardamom pods and sugar into a mixer grinder bowl and powder it.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until light. Add the cardamom- sugar powder and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
4. Add the sifted flour - soda mixture slowly and combine well with spatula. If using, add Nutmeg powder at this stage. Add the final ingredient Semolina and give a good mix.
5. Make a smooth dough using your hands and roll into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inch apart in a non - greased cookie sheet and bake for 20minutes. Allow to cool for 2minutes in the pan and then transfer to the wired rack.
1. If you are using more butter / ghee the cookies will be flat.
2. if you are giving 1 hour time to rest the dough in refrigerator, it will hold the shape beautifully.
I made this disco themed cake for Yahoo Search team's Halloween celebration today. It was a yellow sponge cake and i decorated with vanilla butter cream and fondant cutouts.
Recipe for the soft and extra smooth Vanilla Butter Cream Icing : Ingredients : Salted Butter : 1/2 cup, at room temperature Powdered Sugar : 2 Cups Milk : 2tbsp Vanilla extract : 1tsp Method :
Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer on medium speed. Add powdered sugar in two batches and turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter. Now add the flavour with Vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of milk. Beat for 2 more minutes and divide frosting into 2 bowls.