Saturday, January 23, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
Unquestionable part of Kerala cuisine, Kappa goes well with fish curry, beef roast and green chutney. It is considered as a common man’s diet and is the local toddy shop favorite.
Tapioca/Kappa/Kolli kizhangu : 2Cups, Cubed.
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli : 2, Chopped
Garlic : 2, Sliced
Curry leaves : 2spring
Coconut : 3/4 Cup
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp
1. Remove the hard skin of kappa/Tapioca and cut them into cubes. Wash the cubed pieces thoroughly.
2. Now transfer them to a vessel and add enough water, Garlic salt. Cook till kappa/tapioca is soft when pierced with a fork. Now drain the water and keep kappa/tapioca aside.
3. In a kadhai heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add green chilli and curry leaves. Saute for 2-3minutes and add coconut, turmeric powder and salt.
4. After 2minutes add kappa/tapioca to this and mix well. Close the kadhai with a tight lid and keep it in low flame for 5min.
5. Kappa/tapioca is ready to serve..
Friday, January 1, 2010
Happy New Year Fellow Bloggers...... :)
Button Mushrooms : 200gm
Thick Curd : 1/2Cup
Crushed Pepper : 3tsp
Cumin Powder : 1/4tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder : 1/4tsp or
Coriander leaves : 3tsp, finely chopped
Onion : 1, Sliced
Garam Masala : 1/4tsp
Ginger : 1/4inch
Garlic : 4
Green Chilli : 1
1. Make a Paste of ginger, garlic green chilli, kasoori methi / coriander leaves, salt, cumin powder, garam masala and pepper. In a small bowl, Combine cleaned mushrooms with this masala and Curd. (curd should not be more. add just to mix the mushrooms with other ingredients)
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Now take a heatproof vessel and brush it with olive oil. Keep the mushrooms and onion inside it. For flavor add 1tsp coriander leaves on top of the vessel and cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
4. Bake this for 5 to 10 minutes and Keep aside.
For the Masala :
Cream : 1cup
Cumin powder : 1/4tsp
Garam Masala : 1/tsp
Kasoori Methi : 1/4tsp
Crushed Pepper : 1/2tsp
Combine everything in a bowl and keep aside.
5. After baking transfer mushrooms, onions and its gravy to a non stick pan and heat on meduim flame. When water evaporates 90%, combine the ingredients for masala to the non stick pan and give a quick stir. Serve hot with any salad.