These basic cinnamon cookies are simple and delicious. I use a the bottom of a glass to flatten and shape the cookies
Butter : 100, at room temperature
Castor Sugar : 350
Vanilla Essence : 1tbsp
Egg : 3
Milk : 1/4 Cup
Plain flour : 400g
Bicarbonate of soda : 1tsp
Walnuts : 55g, finely chopped
For Coating :
Sugar : 5tbsp
Ground cinnamon : 2tbsp
1. Preheat oven at 190˚C. Grease 2 baking sheets.
2. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until light. Add the sugar and vanilla and continue mixing until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then the milk.
3. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture and stir to blend. Stir in the nuts. Refrigerate for 15minutes.
4. For the coating, mix the sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll tablespoonfull of the mixture into walnut sized balls. Roll the balls in the sugar mixture. You may need to work in batches.
6. Place 2in(5cm) apart on the prepared sheets and flatten slightly. Bake until golden, about 10minutes. transfer to a rack to cool.
Note for a beginner : Each oven has different temperature level. So bake for 5min at 170˚C. Then if needed change the temperature and bake till done.
This goes to Srikar's Cookies series