Toor Dal : 1/2Cup
Plantain : 1
Shallots : 3
Garlic : 1clove
Green Chillies : 2
Cumin Seeds : 1/2tsp
Shredded Coconut : 3/4Cup
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp + 1/2tsp
For Tempering :
Mustard Seeds : 1/2tsp
Dried Red Chillies : 1
Curry leaves : 2Springs
Coconut Oil : 1tsp
1. Pressure cook dal with 1/2tsp Turmeric Powder and garlic.
2. Grind coconut with cumin seeds, 1/2tsp turmeric powder, green chilly, shallots, 1spring of curry leaves to a smooth paste .
3. Add chopped plantain to cooked dal along with 3/4Cup water and cook covered till it becomes soft. (If you are pressure cooking, then cook for 4minutes with the whistle on and open the lid after 4minutes). Plan tain should not be over cooked.
4. Now add the coconut paste and salt to it and cook on medium flame for another 5minutes till you get a thick gravy with full of flavors.
5. For tempering heat coconut oil in a tadka pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters add dried red chillies and curry leaves. Add this to the curry and cover with a lid.
6. Serve hot with Kerala rose matta rice, curd, lemon pickle and pappad.