This is a traditional Onam / Vishu special recipe made with ripe mangoes. This yogurt based sweet Kerala dish goes well with Kerala rose-matta rice, pappad and pickle.
Ripe Mangoes : 4, i used small "nattu manga"
Grated coconut : 1/2Cup + 1/4tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp
Green Chillies : 2
Cumin Seeds : 1/2tsp
Jaggery : 1 small piece
Yogurt : 1/2Cup
For Tempering :
Mustard Seeds : 1/2tsp
Fenugreek Seeds : 1/4tsp
Dried Red Chilllies : 2
Curry Leaves : 2
Coconut oil : 1tsp
1. In a claypot, cover and cook the pealed mangoes with 1/4Cup of water and 1/4tsp turmeric powder. After 5minutes open the lid and cook in high flame till water evaporates. Add Jaggery and mix well.
2. Grind together the grated coconut, cumin seeds, 1/2tsp turmeric powder and green chillies and combine this with yogurt.
3. Add this mixture to the cooled cooked mangoes and combine well. Cook on low flame for 5minutes till the flavors blended and curry becomes thick.
4. Heat oil in a thadka pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add fenugreek seeds, dried red chillies and curry leaves.Turn of the flame and pour over the pulissery.
5. Serve hot with rice, pappad and pickle :)
If you are not having small mangoes, take one meduim size ripe mango and cut into cubes.