|Best Nan Khatai ever|
Serving Size : 2 cookies
Cooking time : 20min
Makes : 12 servings
Calories : 204 per serving
All purpose flour / Maida : 1 1/2cups
Unsalted Butter at room temperature : 3/4cup ( Traditional nankhattai is made with ghee, but i used butter)
Granulated Sugar : 3/4cup
Cardamom / Elaichi : 3 or you can use 1/4tsp Cardamom powder
Nutmeg powder : 1/4tsp (optional)
Baking soda : 1/4tsp (you can substitute with baking powder too)
Semolina / Rava / Sooji : 1/4cup
|best nan khatai ever|
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / 350F. Sift together flour and baking soda and keep aside.
2. Transfer cardamom pods and sugar into a mixer grinder bowl and powder it.
3. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until light. Add the cardamom- sugar powder and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
4. Add the sifted flour - soda mixture slowly and combine well with spatula. If using, add Nutmeg powder at this stage. Add the final ingredient Semolina and give a good mix.
5. Make a smooth dough using your hands and roll into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inch apart in a non - greased cookie sheet and bake for 20minutes. Allow to cool for 2minutes in the pan and then transfer to the wired rack.
1. If you are using more butter / ghee the cookies will be flat.
2. if you are giving 1 hour time to rest the dough in refrigerator, it will hold the shape beautifully.