Mussels / Kakkayirachi : 250g
Shallots : 5 -8
Ginger : 1/2 inch piece
Green chili - 1 or 2
Curry leaves - 1 or 2 sprigs
Turmeric Powder- 1/4
Chilli Powder : 2tsp
Grated Coconut : 3/4Cup
oil - 4 tbsp
salt to taste
1. Boil the shelled mussels for 5minutes. Then it will be easy to remove the shell. Clean the mussels well.
2. Chop the shallots, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves.
3. In a bowl, mix the mussels, turmeric powder, chilli powder, curry leaves, chopped chilli, shallots, ginger and salt. Marinate it for some time.
4. Add 1/2 cup water, marinated mussels and grated coconut in a sauce pan. Close it with a lid. Cook in low flame till the gravy becomes dry. Add salt if required.
5. Add oil in the pan and cook well. Enjoy!!!!!