Kadai Chicken is a yummy and famous Punjabi dish, its a Tomato-based thick gravy dish.
Chicken : 1/2Kg
Onion : 1, Cubed
Tomato : 3, Medium size, Chopped finely
Garlic Paste : 2tsp
Green Chilli : 2, Halved
Ginger : 6tsp, Finely Chopped
Kashmiri Chilli Powder : 2tsp
Coriander Powder : 2tsp
Garam Masala : 1tsp
Kasoori Methi Powder : 1/2tsp
Poppy Seeds : 2tsp(optional)
Cashews : 10 (Soak it in enough water)
Corinder Leaves : 1/4Cup
Ghee : 3tbsp
1. In a sauce pan add 1tsp refined oil and saute onion for 3-4minutes. Keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a large kadai. Add garlic paste to it and saute for 2minutes. Now add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute till you get a nice aroma and it turns light brown in color(5minutes).
3. Turn to low flame and add coriander and chilli powder., combine well and saute for another 5minutes.
4. Now add chopped tomato and saute well. Close with a tight lid and let it cook till the tomatoes are well cooked.
5. Meanwhile make a paste of cashew, poppy seeds and cooked onion
5. Add the cleaned chicken pieces at this stage and combine well. Add enough salt and cover the pan with a tight lid.
6. Stir occasionally till the gravy is thick and covers the chicken pieces.When oil starts to separate from the chicken pieces add garma masala and kasoori Methi powder.
7. Add cashew paste and cook for few minutes.
8. Add coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
9. Serve hot with any Indian flat bread!!!