Starting Vishu special recipes with a yogurt based sweet Kerala dish - Pineapple Pachadi.Ingredients :
Pineapple : 1/2Cup
Grated coconut : 1/4Cup
Mustard Seeds : 1/4tsp
Green Chillies : 2
Cumin Seeds : 1/2tsp
Sugar : 1tsp
Yogurt : 1/2Cup
For Tempering :
Mustard Seeds : 1/2tsp
Dried Red Chilllies : 2
Curry Leaves : 2
Coconut Oil : 2tsp
1. In a claypot, cover and cook the pineapple pieces with 1/4Cup of water. After 5minutes open the lid and cook in high flame till water evaporates. Add sugar and mix well.
2. Grind together the grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies. Now add 1/4tsp mustard seeds and grind for 1-2minute to crush them. Combine this with yogurt.
3. Add this mixture to the cooled cooked pineapple and combine well.
4. Heat oil in a thadka pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the dried red chillies and curry leaves.Turn of the flame and pour over pachadi.
5. Serve hot with rice, pappad and pickle :)