Quick, Aromatic and Easy Indian Veg main-course with Green peas as main ingredient.
Cooked Basmati Rice : 3Cups(add salt when rice is 90%cooked)
Onion : 1, thinly sliced
Green Peas : 1/2Cup(Fresh/Frozen)
Butter : 2tbsp
Ginger : 1inch piece
Garlic : 5cloves
Green chillies : 2
Cumin seeds :1tsp
Cinnamon Stick : 1 inch piece
Cloves : 3
Black pepper : 4
Cashew : 10
Raisins : 10
Coriander Leaves : 1/4 Cup
Mint leaves : 10
1. Make a paste of ginger, garlic, green chillies, mint leaves and coriander leaves. Keep aside.
2. Heat butter in a wide pan. Fry the cashews and raisins. Keep aside.
3. Now add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves and black pepper. Fry for few seconds.
4. Add ginger + garlic + mint leaves paste. Saute till it turns to light brown in color. Now add onion and saute till it turns to translucent.
5. Add green peas, coriander leaves,mint leaves and 1/2 tsp of salt. Saute for 5minutes and Combine the cooked rice at this stage. Fry for 2minutes and cover and cook in low flame for 2minutes. Garnish with fried cashews and raisins.
6. Serve hot with raitha, pappad and pickle.