Ingredients for prawns curry:
Raw Mango : 1, diced
Shallots : 6 +2,chopped
Ginger : 1/2 inch piece, chopped
Garlic : 3 cloves, chopped
Green Chilli : 2, chopped
Curry leaves : 2 springs
Turmeric Powder :1/4tsp
Chilly Powder : 1tsp
Coriander powder : 1/2tsp
Coconut Oil : 2tsp
Coconut milk :1st, second and third extract from half coconut
1. Using a mixer, crush together 6shallots, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves.
2. In a clay pot, combine cleaned prawns, coconut milk, crushed paste of shallots(step 1), turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, raw mango and salt.Heat on medium flame.
3. Let it boil for 8-10minutes or until prawns are soft and cooked completely.
4. In a tadka pan heat coconut oil and add chopped shallots. Saute well till it becomes golden in color. Add this to hot prawns curry and combine well.
5. serve chemmeen manga curry / Prawn Mango Curry hot with rice / appam / kappa :)