Milk : 2Cups
Cocoa : 5tbsp
Cornflour : 1tbsp
Condensed milk : 1tin
China Grass(Agar Agar) : 10g
Cream : 200ml
Sugar : 6tbsp++
Vanilla Essence : 1/2tsp
Water : 1 1/4Cup
1.In a metal pan, Soak China grass with water and keep aside for 15minutes. Combine Cocoa and cornflour in 1/4cup milk and keep aside.
2. Boil rest of the milk along with sugar in a shallow milk pan. Add the cocoa mixture to it and stir continuesly. When it gets the soup-consistency turn off the flame.
3. Now heat the soaked china grass water till its dissolved completely and starts to thick(3-5minutes in medium flame). Combine this with the cocoa-milk mixture.
4. Add condensed milk, cream and vanilla essence at this stage. Combine well and pour immediately into pudding dish / individual glasses / moulds. Let it cool and transfer to the lower rack in refrigerator(Minimum 2hrs). Cover the pudding dish to prevent drying.
5. Top the mousse with chocolate syrup / chopped kiwi fruit / chopped strawberry / raspberry / chocolate shavings / whipped cream.
1. This is the best mousse for a beginner to understand how to use china grass in puddings.
2. Use metal or glass moulds rather than plastic.
3. If you are using individual serving glass to set the mousse, cover it with cling film to prevent drying.
4. Refrigerate for maximum 4days.