Ingredients for mango pastry:
Butter : 125g
All Pupose flour : 1 1/2Cups
Castor Sugar : 1Cup
Eggs : 2, at room temperature
Milk : 3/4 Cup
Baking Powder : 1tsp
Baking Soda : 1/4tsp
Mango Essence : 1 1/2tsp
Salt : 1/8tsp
For Sugar syrup and Frosting :
Whipping cream :1Cup, chilled
Mango Essence : 1tsp(optional)
Chopped Mango : 1Cup
Sugar : 1tbsp
Sugar syrup : 150ml (Method follows)
Method for making mango cream cake:
1. Preheat oven at 180˚C.
2. Grease and line an 18cm round cake tin and keep aside.
3. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder thrice.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add the sugar and and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add milk and mango essence and continue beating.
5. Spoon into the cake tin and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides (about 35minutes). Remove from the oven but carefully pull the lining. Let the cake cool completely.
6. For layering, dip a bread knife in boiling water and wipe it with a warm cloth. Cut layers carefully without breaking the sides of the cake.
1. On Medium flame combine 7tbsp sugar and 175ml water in a sauce pan. When sugar has dissolved completely and has the consistency of milk, turn of the flame and allow the syrup to cool completely.
2. Prick the mango pastry all over with a fine skewer and pour the syrup over each layers of cake. It may seem at first that there is too much syrup for the cake to absorb, but it will soak it all up slowly.
Frosting & Assembling mango pastry:
1. Beat whipped cream with mango essence till it turns soft And fluffy .(you can add yellow food color also)
2.Divide the whipping cream into 4parts and keep in refrigerator. Take the bottom part of the cake and spread the whipping cream evenly, spread the chopped mangoes over the cream. Repeat the same with one more layer.
3. Place the top layer of mango cream cake and spread the cream evenly on the sides. You can top the mango cream cake with cherries / chopped mangoes / mango jelly. Refrigerate the mango cream cake for 3-4hours and serve chilled.