Unsalted Butter : 125g
All Pupose flour : 1 1/2Cups
Coco Powder : 2tbsp
Castor Sugar : 6.7 oz, 1Cup
Eggs : 2, at room temperature
Milk : 3/4 Cup
Baking Powder : 2tsp
Baking Soda : 1/2tsp
Vanilla Essence : 1tsp
Salt : 1/8tsp
Hot Water : 2tbsp
1. Preheat oven at 180˚C / 350F.
2. Grease and line an 9 x 5 loaf pan and keep aside.
3. Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder thrice.
4. With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add the sugar and and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add milk and vanilla essence and continue beating.
5. Mix cocoa powder with hot water in a bowl. Add half of the cake batter to this bowl and combine well.
6. Spoon into the loaf tin and bake until the cake pulls away from the sides (about 35minutes). Remove from the oven but carefully pull the lining. Let the cake cool completely.