"Honey Chilli potatoes" is a famous Indo-Chinese Vegetarian Appetizer. Traditional method is to toss fresh fried potato wedges in a honey Chilly sauce. To make this healthy instead of deep frying the potatoes I shallow fried each sides.
The reason i suggest this method is that even if you deep fry the potatoes, tossing them is honey chilly sauce will make them loose the crispiness in 20 to 30 minutes. So I recommend the healthy option of shallow frying the potatoes wedges.
|SESAME HONEY CHILLI POTATOES|
Preparation time : 5min
Cooking time : 30min
Serves : 2 adults and 1 child
Potato : 1 large or 2 medium (I used one large potato)
Sesame seeds : 1 tsp
Vegetable oil : 2 tbsp
For the batter :
Corn flour / Rice powder : 2 tbsp
Maida / All purpose flour : 2 tbsp
Vinegar / Lemon juice : 1/2 tsp
vegetable Oil : 1 tsp
Orange / red food color : a drop ( optional )
Beaten egg : 1 (optional)
Peeper and Salt
For the Honey Chilly Sauce :
Honey : 1 tbsp
Ginger : 1/2 tsp, finely chopped
Ginger : 2 cloves, finely chopped
Onion : 1 slice, finely chopped
Tomato Sauce : 1 1/2 tbsp
Soy sauce : 1 tsp
Chilly Sauce : 1 tsp ( i used 1 tsp chilly powder )
|SESAME HONEY CHILLY POTATOES with Fried rice, peanut and pineapple noodles and spicy stir fried chicken|
1. Peel the potato and cut in to wedges or fingers. Combine batter ingredients and make a thick batter. Vegetarians can substitute egg with water. Add potato wedges to the batter and keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a frying pan on medium flame and add the battered potatoes. Shallow fry each side until crispy (20 minutes). Transfer them to a plate.
3. In the same pan, add onion, ginger and garlic. Combine honey, 1/4 cup water , tomato sauce, soy sauce, salt and chilly sauce in a small bowl. Turn the heat to low and add the sauce mix to the pan. Allow it to boil for few minutes until it becomes thick. Taste and adjust salt / Chilly powder/ honey as required+. Now transfer the shallow fried potatoes to the pan and toss well. When it is coated well, sprinkle sesame seeds and turn off the flame.
4. Serve hot with Fried rice or noodles or as a appetizer or after school snack.
|Sesame Honey Chilly potatoes with Spicy chicken sir fry, pineapple and peanut noodles and fried rice|
Similar Recipes :
- Gopi Manjurian
- Chilly Mushroom
- Crumb fried Prawns
- Chilly chicken - Restaurant style
- Fried Rice
- Hakka Noodles