Saturday, December 19, 2015

HOLIDAY BAKED GOODIE GIFT BASKET IDEAS

A gift basket can be a great idea for any occasion. A little bit of creativity and baking skills will help you to put together a fabulous holiday gift basket for the season. I made this gift basket for my daughters kindergarten teacher.
 
Holiday food gift basket for teacher
What you need :

  • A basket (I got mine from Ross for $5)
  • 2 jars (same place -  Ross, $4 and $3)
  • Ceramic mini loaf pan (i got this cute one from Micheal's for $1)
  • Ribbons and tags (I got it from Target Dollar counter, $1 each)
  • Large  Basket Bag to cover the whole gift basket (I got it from Dollar store, two for $1)

Holiday food gift basket for teacher
How to assemble a gift basket?
  • Nan Khatai (cardamom cookies) - It is a perfect holiday gift and is a fail proof recipe. Bake, cool and transfer the cookies to the glass jar.
  • Peanut butter cranberry tea bread - I baked the tea bread in 4 parchment lined ceramic mini pans for 30 min. After cooling, I shrink wrapped the loaf and put it back in the mini pan. (This is not a sweet bread, it is a breakfast loaf to have with jam / butter)
  • Dry fruit and seeds Granola:  I used 2 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of nuts and 2 tbsp of seeds to make the granola. 
  • Transfer the goodies to a gift basket, label them and cover with gift basket bag.  A festive ribbon on top completes your gift basket. 
  • Viola!! we are done. 

1 comment: