9th blog anniversary with my daughters favorite Pasta recipe
In her Planet box : Cubed mangoes, Babybel Mozzarella cheese with crunchy Pretzel and Creamy bow tie pasta with Broccoli and Bell peppers / Pasta in white sauce.
|Creamy Bow Tie Pasta with Broccoli and Bell Peppers - Lemon n spice Kids Lunchbox ideas|
Serves :1 child, Cooking time : 10 - 12 minutes
Bow Tie Pasta : 1/2 Cup
Butter : 1 tbsp
Garlic :1 clove, finely chopped
Broccoli : 2 Florets, chopped
Bell pepper : 2 Slice, finely chopped
Arrowroot powder / All purpose flour : 1 tbsp
Milk : 1/4 Cup to 1/2 cup (warm)
Nutmeg powder / Italian seasoning / Parsley : a pinch
Pepper powder : a pinch
Salt : a pinch
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (Approximately 10minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a stainless steel pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add broccoli and bell peppers. Next, sprinkle the flour and combine with the veggies (1 minute).
3. Gradually add the milk and whisk constantly. Bring the sauce to a boil and allow to thick (2 minutes). Now sprinkle the seasonings - salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. If the creamy sauce gets too thick, you may thin it with a little pasta water / broth.
4. When the sauce looks good, Add boiled pasta and combine with the sauce. You can add Parmesan or cheddar to the pasta. But my daughter loves just the way it is!!!
5. To pack for lunchbox, you can transfer this hot creamy bow tie pasta to a Thermos / any heat resisting lunchbox. If your child likes it cold, allow it to cool and then pack in their regular lunchbox.