I believe a good cook is someone who can make a great dish with only few ingredients. Today in our Lemon n Spice Lunch box series, I am presenting a simple Pasta dish without any sauce. This is perfect for kids lunch boxes / Picnics.
|In her Planet box : Olives, Orange slices, Garlic Pasta without sauce, Cucumber coin and 2 candy corns :)|
How to make Pasta for kids lunch box without any sauce? Buttery garlic pasta recipe
Cooking time : 15 minutes, Serves : 1 kid
Pasta : 1/2 Cup
Butter : 1 tsp
Olive oil : 1/2 tsp
Garlic : 2 , finely chopped
Fresh Parsley : 1 tsp, finely chopped / Dried Pasta seasoning : 1/2 tsp
Salt & Pepper
1. Cook Pasta according to the package directions. (boil 4 cups of water in a sauce pan and add 1 tsp of salt.Now add pasta and allow to boil for 10 - 12 minutes. Drain and keep aside)
2. Heat oil, butter and garlic over medium heat in a skillet until garlic turn pale gold. Remove pan from heat and add parsley, black pepper and salt. Now add the drained pasta and toss it in the skillet.
Notes : You can add any veggies along with garlic in this recipe without ruining the main garlic and parsley flavor. Options - 4 Snap peas / 1 tbsp of frozen peas / 1 tbsp sweetcorn / 1/2 carrot etc.
- Lemon n spice Kids lunch box - Ginger garlic friend brown rice
- Lemon n spice Kids lunch box - Lemon rice and Daal vada
- Lemon n spice Kids lunch box - Whole wheat banana pancakes and grilled sweet potatoes