This slightly tangy Curry is a very easy and simple side dish for rice. The combination of Drumstick and Raw mango gives the authentic taste of Kerala. This Curry can be made with Jack fruit seed / Drumstick.
Recipe for Muringakka Parippu Manga Curry / Drumstick and Green Mango Lentil Curry
Preparation time : 15min
Cooking time : 20 min
Serves : 5
Drumsticks : 3
Green Mango : 1
Toor Daal : 1/2Cup
Shallots : 4
Green Chillies : 2
1st extract of coconut milk : 1/2cup
2nd Extract of Coconut milk : 1 1/2 Cup
Turmeric powder : 1/3tsp
Chilly powder : 1/2tsp
For tampering :
Mustard seeds : 1/2tsp
Dried red chillies : 2
Curry leaves : 2sprngs
1. Clean and peel/ scrape the green side of drumstick. Cut into three inch pieces. Now peel the skin of raw mango and cut into cubes. Keep aside.
2. Clean the dal and transfer into a pressure cooker with enough water, chopped shallots, green chillies, turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt. Cook for one whistle.
3. Add the 2nd/ thin extract of coconut milk along with drumstick and raw mango pieces. Cover with a lid and cook till the drumstick pieces are done.
4. Remove the lid and adjust the salt. Add the thick extract of coconut milk and allow to boil. Remove from fire as soon as it is heated through.
5. Heat oil in pan and add mustard seeds. when it splutters add dried red chillies and curry leaves and fry for a minute or two. Pour over curry and serve warm with Lemon Pickle / pappad