Starting Vishu sadya special recipes with a yogurt based sweet Kerala dish - Pineapple morucurry.
|Pineapple pulissery - Kerala sadya style|
How to make Kerala Sadya style Pneapple pulissery / Pineapple morucurry?
Cooking time : 15min
Preparation time : 15min
Serves : 5
Pineapple : 1/2 of a medium size pineapple
Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder : 1/2 tsp
Jaggery : 1/2 inch cube
Thick Yogurt : 1 Cup
Grated coconut : 1 Cup
Green Chillies : 3
Cumin Seeds : 3/4 tsp
Pepper corns : 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves : 1 spring
Garlic : 2 cloves
Mustard Seeds : 1/2tsp
Dried Red Chilllies : 2
Curry Leaves : 2
Coconut Oil : 2tsp
1. In a claypot, cover and cook the pineapple pieces with 1/4 Cup of water, turmeric powder and jaggery. After 5 minutes open the lid and cook in high flame till water evaporates. Turn off the flame and allow to cool.
2. Grind together the grated coconut, garlic, pepper corns, cumin seeds, curry leaves and green chillies. Add yogurt and blend for a minute. Keep aside.
3. Add this mixture to the clay pot and combine well with the cooked pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring till the pulissery / morucurry is heated through. Heating yogurt based gravy in high temperature can make the curry curdle. so stir well in medium heat and just bring the gravy to boil. . Remove from the heat and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a thadka pan and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the dried red chillies and 2 curry leaves.Turn of the flame and pour over Pineapple pulissery.
5. Serve hot with rice, pappad and pickle :)