How to make the best Rocky Road Squares ?
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Makes : 24 Squares
Butter : 113 g / 4 oz / 1/2 Cup, at room temperature
Good quality dark chocolate (minimum 60% cocoa solids) : 113 g / 4 oz / 1/2 Cup, broken into pieces*
Good Quality Semi sweet Chocolate : 113 g / 4 oz / 1/2 Cup, broken into pieces*
Almonds : 45g / 3oz / 1/2 Cup, unsalted, Roasted
Rich Tea biscuits : 125g, (i used homemade Chocolate chip cookies)
Marshmallows : 100g
Icing sugar / Powdered Sugar for dusting : 1tsp
1. Instead of chocolate bar , You can use Chocolate chips that are used for melting.
2. I used Mini marshmallows for this recipe. If you have large marshmallows, cut each into 6 pieces and use as mentioned.
1. Crush together almonds and biscuits. Best way is to transfer Almonds and biscuits into a zip-lock bag / freezer bag and then bash them with a rolling pin. It can be of any size, shape or crumbs. (If you are using a mixer grinder, make sure that you are not making fine powder of it)
2. In a heavy bottom vessel, add butter, chocolate and honey. Heat in the slowest flame and stir continuously. (Make sure, it is a heavy bottom vessel, else chocolate mixture will stick to the bottom and burn). When the chocolate is completely melted, combine the mixture well and scoop out 1/4 cup of this melted mixture and keep aside.
3. Fold the Almond and biscuit mixture into the melted chocolate mixture in the saucepan, and then add the marshmallows. Stir well for a minute and turn off the flame.
4. Tip into a foil tray (24cm square) or a rectangle pan covered with foil and level it with a spatula. Add the chocolate mixture we kept aside on top of this and level again. Refrigerate for 4hours or overnight.