The best and easy recipe for Vanilla cupcakes with butter cream frosting
How to make Vanilla Muffin?
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking Time : 18 minutes
Yield : 28 mini muffins or 14 standard muffins
Unsalted Butter : one stick / 113 g, At Room temperature*
Sugar : 115 g
All Purpose Flour (maida) : 150 g
Eggs : 2, At room Temperature*
Baking Powder : 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Extract : 1 tsp
Salt : 1/8 tsp (a pinch)
Milk : 2 tbsp, at room temperature*
Note : Ingredients that are marked with ' * ', should be at room temperature. Otherwise Top side of muffins turns to sticky when it cools down.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
3. With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until blended. Add the egg one by one and continue beating until the mixture is creamy.
4. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Combine well with a wooden spatula.
5. Now add Vanilla extract and milk. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. (Do not Over mix the batter)
6. Scoop the batter into muffin cups almost 3/4th of it and bake for 14 minutes for mini muffins and 17 minutes for standard muffins. Always check a few minutes before the stated baking time. (Do not over bake as it makes the muffin dry.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
Recipe for Butter cream Frosting :
Unsalted Butter : 80 gm or 1/3 cup
Icing Sugar : 1 1/2 Cup, sifted
Milk : 1 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla extract : 3/4 tsp
Using an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and well blended. Gradually beat the Icing sugar on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract. Add the milk and beat on high speed for 3 minutes until frosting is light and smooth.