1. Thaw squid if frozen.
Hold the tube-like body (mantle) in one hand and twist off the head with the other. The intestines will pull right out with the head.
2. Clean out the mantle, wash thoroughly, and drain.Squid is now ready for stuffing. To cut strips or pieces, lay the body flat and cut down the center from top to bottom. Spread open and cut into the size strips or pieces desired. To make rings, cut across the body.
Squids : 500g
Turmeric powder : 1/2tsp
Red Chilli powder : 1tsp
Curry leaves : 2springs
onion : 1
ginger :1/2 inch piece
garlic : 3
Green chilly : 2
Oil : 3tbsp (Preferably coconut oil)
1. Wash the squids well and Cut them in to one inch pieces. Keep in a colander to drain.
2. Crush together onion, ginger, garlic, green chilly and curry leaves. add salt, turmeric powder and chilly powder to it. In this masala marinate squid for 30minutes.
3. Now in a pressure cooker put the marinated squids and allow 2 whistles to release. When pressure releases, check whether squids became soft. If not allow 2 more whistles. open the pressure cooker and cook till the water evaporates.
4. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add the squid pieces. Cover the pan and cook for 10minutes. stir well in every 2minutes.