Fish : 400g
Chilli powder : 4tsp
Coriander powder : 1tsp
Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder : 1/2tsp
fenugreek powder : 1/2tsp
Ginger paste : 1tsp
Tamarind water : Lemon size(soak in 1/2 cup water)
Oil : 2tbsp
Small onion(sambar onion) : 6, thin slices
Garlic : 3flakes,chopped
Curry leaves : 1 spring, washed
Thick Coconut milk : 1 1/2cup
1. In tamarind water(u can take the pulp also) , add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, ginger paste and grind well in a mixer.
2. Heat oil in a clay pot (or saucepan ) and add small onion, garlic and curry leaves. Saute on medium low heat for 3-4minutes. Let it become light brown in color.
3. Now add the tamarind masala paste to it after reducing the heat. Saute till the spices give out their fragrance.
4. When masala becomes thick and dark in color , Add the fish pieces and salt.(cook for 3min)
5. Add coconut milk into it and cook for sometime. it will not take more than 10min. its better to keep the curry in clay pot itself for sometime to absorb all flavors.
6. Do not overcook the fish. It can be served with rice , appam, chappathi or even bread.